How do we dance in isolation…and how do we connect?
How do we create relevance dance in the privacy of our own homes?
What do we feel while being physically limited by an invisible enemy?
In the face of COVID-19, we refuse to be stopped… if anything, perhaps our creativity should be amplified.
So we challenge ourselves and we challenge you…
Conceptualize, choreograph, direct, art direct, and in all ways engage in the creation of a 1 minute or less site specific dance film inside the privacy of your home.
Respond directly to the site!
Explore shooting coverage and employing multiple camera angles…. Experiment!!
Use quick cuts, speed ramps… circle the dance, invite the camera inside of the dance.
Try to capture the feeling of the dance…
Avoid using only frontal coverage!
Feel free to express exactly how you feel about what you’re going through – what we’re all going through…
From the films submitted, six winners will be announced and receive a cash award as well as coverage in Cultural Weekly.
* Post your film on Instagram/Facebook
* Tag @dare2danceinpublic, Founder/Director @arrogantelbow & Associate Producer @zoe.rappaport
* Send in $6 via PayPal to email@example.com
* Make sure to include the social handles of you and/or anyone else involved (be it remotely or in person.)
* If you are not on social media, please e-mail your film to firstname.lastname@example.org
*PLEASE ABIDE BY THE SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES IN EFFECT IN YOUR AREA
Be creative, Be moving, Be wild, Be whoever or however you want to be, Be prepared to make it PUBLIC!